Lederer without borders
European AEO-C certificate received
(simplification under customs law).
As from 26 November 2010, Lederer GmbH attained the status of "Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)" under European customs law. This status is valid for an unlimited period in all member states.
The objective of this certification is to safeguard the integrated supply chain from the manufacturer to the end consumer. Negotiations with third countries (particularly the USA, China and Switzerland) aimed at achieving global recognition of this status are currently being held.
For Lederer as holder of the "AEO-C (simplification under customs law)" certificate, this provides the following advantages:
- less frequent checks of goods and documents
- priority checks of consignments singled out for inspection
- when an application is made to have the utilisation of simplifications under customs law approved, the prerequisites checked when the AEO certificate was originally issued are not checked for a second time
- improved cooperation with the customs authorities
- recognition of AEO status as a quality characteristic (trustworthy business partner)
The last point in particular is emphasised by customs authorities and chambers of commerce and industry. They maintain that it demonstrates a company's willingness to create the transparency necessary for international mercantile trade, in other words to guarantee any insights which are required.